Monday, April 16, 2012

Tutorial for crochet roses

One of the first things I crocheted was roses. I saw cute brooches and I decided that I should have at least one)
I found some tutorials in Internet here and here
My first rose I don't want to show you) It was so strange and not much to look at) The second was better and after that all my roses was beautiful. So If you have problem doing it try again and you will have perfect rose! 
Depending on the thickness of yarn rose can be smaller or bigger. When you buy yarn in the shop ask also which number of hook you should use for it.
This rose you can use to create cute brooch. Wear it as you want - I put it on my hat

or on the scarf
or for decorate simple sweater:
You can make bobby pins or elastic hair ties for your daughter:


So let's begin!
 1. Make about 40 chains. If you will make more - rose will be bigger, less- smaller

 2. Make Double Crochet (DC), then 2 chains,  DC in the same chain space that you just worked, 1 chain. Slip stitch into the next 2 basic chains and make DC, then 2 chains,  DC  in the same chain space that you just worked , 1 chain.... Repeat row untill the end.

 3. Next row you can skip if you want your flower smaller.  
Turn piece. 2 DC in the space of chain of previous row, 2 chains, 2 DC in the same chain space that you just worked. Repeat in the next space of chain of previous row.

 
4. 6 DC in the chain space, Single crochet in the small space between two spaces. 6 DC in chain space. Repeat row untill the end.

5. Finish off, leaving a long tail, and threading the tail through a needle (the tail will be used to sew it all together). Now, holding the short beginning tail in your hand, begin to turn the piece to form your flower.
6. Last step, sew the petals together using your long tail and needle. Stitch them in a few places around the flower. Then put the needle through the entire flower a few times in a few different areas to capture the inner petals as well. In this step you can decorate the center of flower with beads.


Good luck!

6 коммент.:

SocksAndMittens said...

I just love this pattern, such a pretty flowers!

IrinaN said...

Adorable. Thank you for sharing. I'm gonna try it :)

cindy sue said...

Can't wait to make one or maybe two. I cnn think of so many things to use them for.Thanks.

cindy sue said...

I think it might need to make this in several colors...th nk you

MathWhiz45 said...

This is a really pretty way to make a crocheted rose!

Cherie Cayemberg said...

Looks gorgeous. I'll have to try one. Would love to see a video of the last part though :)

 

©2009 Katrinshine | by TNB