Friday, March 7, 2014

Featured Artist - Valery from Alery Etsy shop

Hello! I’m Valery and I'm owner of Alery shop
I was born and lived in Ukraine – beautiful European country. Some time ago work brought my family to California, USA.
As long as I can remember myself, I was interested in creativity and handmade. I tried many different kinds of crafts and finally started making jewelry. At the beginning I worked with seed beads, then tried wireworking, and at last started working with metal. 
It’s a great time now – we have so many opportunities to learn! So I started learning metalsmithing and silversmithing. Then I took some enameling classes in a local jewelry school with an amazing teacher… and fall in love!
Enameling opened a whole new world for me, it fascinated me! 
I love to experiment, to discover new techniques, to combine traditional with contemporary. 

 The world around us is full of inspiration – sophistication of nature, beauty of architecture, simplicity of minimalist man-made designs.
 All items in my shop are true artisan jewelry. They designed and handmade by me.  I use raw materials – sheet copper, silver wire, powdered glass enamels. I add my skills, my creativity, and a fire from a hand torch to make enamel earrings, necklaces, rings.

 I make both practical jewelry for the everyday wear and one of a kind whimsical items for the special occasions. For all my items I think a lot about making them not only beautiful, but also comfortable and durable, so people can enjoy them for a long time. 

2 коммент.:

Unknown said...

Valery, you are amazing artist! I am so glad I bought from you before and hope to come back once again, your work is beautiful!

Alery said...

Thank you so much, Katrin!

 

©2009 Katrinshine | by TNB